Striiv - Missing: Customer Service!

Update added by user Jun 07, 2013

I FINALLY got my money back and was able to return my Striiv. It was an ENORMOUS pain and I would NEVER do business with the company again. The only reason I finally got action was because I was able to directly email the CEO and tell him I was filing the dispute. It was only then that I finally received the info I needed to return the item.

I have no idea how well this item may have worked if someone at Striiv actually worked on providing customer support. It's possible that I could have had a resolution to the syncing problem, but I'll never know and after 3+ weekes of problems, I didn't care. My credit card company couldn't even reach them when it was trying to settle the dipute.

A product must be good on its own, but it should also have good customer service to back it up. THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT STRIIV! They do not answer the phone, they do not respond o complaints filed through their website, they do not reply to emails and they do not respond quickly even to their own CEO.

Original review posted by user May 07, 2013

On April 17, 2013 I purchased the Striiv Play on I already use the Striiv app on my iPod and I absolutely love it! I wanted the Play to free up my iPod for other uses.

I received my Play on April 19, charged it, and tried to sync it. It would not sync. The Play is useless to me this way because unless it syncs it cannot even operate as a regular pedometer. I have tried over and over and over again. I followed all suggestions on their knowledge base. I followed all suggestions offered to me by other customers on their forum. I don't know what to do.

Since then I have submitted numerous emails and on-site tickets to try to resolve this. I called their phone number which answers with a message that they do not respond to customer calls and that you must contact them through a website customer support ticket. I even contacted the CEO who urged "patience". I have received only automated responses to my messages except for that by Dave Wang, CEO. His customer service "Ambassadors" didn't even contact me after he forwarded my email to them.

Today I filed a dispute with my credit card company since I feel I have exhausted all of my options.

This company is absolutely devoid of customer care to the point of being disdainful. If the CEO of the company can't get his customer service to get moving, it's hopeless. [edit review]

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 1 No 1
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 23, 2014 #845022

I having the same issue!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.